Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Feel Better Soon! Dark Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

Ever heard the phrase "If I go down, we all go down"? Apparently, this philosophy has been adopted by my family. First, my son got an ear infection. Then my husband and I both got a sinus infection. Next thing I know, my daughter has pink eye, which is ironic since it's in both eyes! And, being the ugly, highly contagious funk that it is, I have become it's next victim.  It's been an ongoing nightmare for a week now.  So, obviously we need something to make us feel better...cookies! Pair a couple of cookies with a cold glass of milk and you've got a dynamic duo sure to put the pep back in your step.


Feel Better Soon! Dark Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

Makes 18

2/3 cup butter, softened (it comes out to be a stick of butter, plus 2 tbsp)
1 cup sugar (I used evaported cane sugar)
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/4 tsp salt (I used sea salt)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup all purpose flour (I used King Arthur's Unbleached White Wheat Flour)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cup quick oats
3/4 cup 60% dark chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli)

Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together using a hand mixer on low. Add your egg and vanilla. Set aside.

In another bowl, combine cocoa, salt, cinnamon, flour, baking soda and quick oats. Mix well.

Slowly combine a 1/2 cup of your dry mixture to your wet mixture with a hand mixer on low. Continue adding your dry mixture to your wet until well incorporated. Pour in your dark chocolate chips and fold them into the dough with a rubber spatula. You mixture should firm and look like this.


Scoop out a spoon sized amount and roll it into a ball with your hand and place it onto your cookie sheet.


Bake your cookies for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. The cookies look yummy and gooey. Hope all is well soon.
    A Nana in Knoxville,TN

    ReplyDelete